V2 Prototype #001
First v2 Prototype Assembled!
No sound, just a quick video to show it is alive and kicking. Proper demo coming soon!
One firmware to support both models
The plan is that as new functions are added, they will be available to both v1 and v2 owners (with the exception of things that cannot work in v1 because the hardware is not there - e.g. a complete unit without MIDI extension). I am updating the firmware so it detects which board it runs on, and behaves accordingly. At the same time this allows to verify that every sub-system of new model is functional.
So far, everything that has been tested works as expected:
- implemented drivers for new codec, it sounds great
- powering and reset circuit works
- charging circuit and state indication (2 new LEDs) works
- all buttons and LEDs wired correctly
- IR proximity sensors work
- switch for 2nd connector at left (HP vs Line-out) works
- USB-serial works
What's left to do:
- test magnetic sensor
- test MIDI / sync switch and connector
- test sensor bypass switches and CV inputs
- test line-in and line-out
- test alternative powering from classic AA/AAA batteries, Ni-MH, Ni-Zn, Ni-Cd and Li-Ion cells
I am also thinking about replacing buttons, they are spaced wider than in previous version but because the caps are larger, it's surprisingly a bit harder to work with them now.
If you are interested in this model, don't forget to subscribe for the newsletter if you haven't done so yet, or follow us on social media. The form and links are here in the shop page.