Tutorials, Code, Blueprints
Build instructions for your v2 DIY kit
Gecho v2 Complete Unit DIY guide is here, guide for Acrylic sandwich is here and for the Front Panel-only version is here.
Please note the materials below are concerning v1 Gecho (made in 2018 and earlier).
DIY / Programming / Extending / Hacking of the Music Box
FW Sources and Programming Utilities
- Gecho v1 (STM32F405RGT6 based) firmware sources on GitHub
- Uploading code & data to STM32 Flash Memory using ST-Link V2 (via SWD connector)
- Uploading code & data using STM32 Flash Loader Utility (via USB connector)
FW Coding Examples
- Granular Sampler - Cascading your voice in real time
- Basic Drum Sequencer - The missing channel #234
- Acoustic Location - Detecting direction of incoming sound
- Implementing a new channel - Rudimentary Drum Machine
- Changing sample pitch in real time - Xmas Song
- Generating Chord Progressions from random signal
Putting together your DIY kit
Please note that these materials are related to v1 Gecho (made in 2018 and earlier).
Software, Schematics, Diagrams & Blueprints
Gecho App for v1 model (Windows only)
Useful for firmware updating and programming of your Gecho.
Enclosure plans and dimensions
If you want to make your own box, here are blueprints and hints that you might find useful, mainly if you want to do it ahead and don't have the board at hand yet.
A peek into inner workings of Subtractive Synthesis block
This is a functional block used by most basic channels - those which play background chord progression with melody or arpeggiator. There is 8 Resonant Low-pass Filters per channel and control logic. Just a sketch - work in progress, will need to redraw it again and add detailed explanation.
UPDATE - Redrawn schematic:
Full Circuit Schematic
(Obsoleted by v2 model)
This extension will allow you to connect with various music gear, like keyboards, synthesizers, drum machines and other and either control Gecho by external devices, or control those devices by Gecho.
Making of Synth
An article explaining motivation behind this project and early prototyping work.