Author Topic: more noise  (Read 170 times)

Synthetic Willow

• View Profile
more noise
« on: October 27, 2019, 01:14:29 PM »
Hi!

-I am very new to the gecho and not sure if that is possible (or already in there) but here goes my idea:

A white noise generator (as already there) but with the possibility to sequence filter settings (or pitch or whatever is possible) in order to have a rythmic noise goin on.

-in general any program that makes this wonderful instrument more interactive is welcome. glitch effects, melodic midi possibilites, distorted samples, granular goodness and so on....

-very happy with that machine. is there a list of things to come?

:-*

mario

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: more noise
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 11:24:28 AM »
Glad you are enjoying the synth! :)

Thank you for this cool idea! Something similar existed in v1 (4 sensors controlling 4 filtered "voices") but it is one of those things that haven't been ported yet. It would be nice to have sequencer and more controls over the white noise channel, I think apart from sensors, CV input & MIDI is ideal for what you suggest.

I have a similar thing in progress, it gets a few slices from longer wav files (one or more) and arranges them into a rhythmic pattern.
Indeed the list of ideas is long but it's only one person working on them (at least for now) so please be patient :)

Synthetic Willow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 06:25:44 PM »
Donīt worry. Good things need time. Appreciate the work so far and for all the things to come.

And if you please give that one soul working their butt off all alone  a big hug from time to time, and make sure they see some green  scenery in the outside world and not only zeroes and ones from a cold, buzzing computer screen. Also cookies do help.

^^

mario

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 10:29:12 PM »
 ;D thanks! there are two of us working here, and our office dog who forces us to go see some green every day! 8)