Author Topic: Understanding config.txt and further programming  (Read 856 times)

ChromeVole

• View Profile
Understanding config.txt and further programming
« on: October 29, 2019, 06:26:00 PM »
I've just started playing around with my new Gecho V2 and I've got the config pulled out with the Service Menu, but I was wondering if there's any documentation on just what's going on in there...
I mean, song number is the channel that uses those chords, if there's a melody number we got those notes, presumably in the same 8 notes per chord format as before, but what magic is going on with the channel definitions, patches, etc?
Also, any suggestion on how to get started with some of the fancier coding? I see you have a git repo for the V1 firmware, but I'm not sure where to start with the V2...
Thanks!

mario

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Understanding config.txt and further programming
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 11:35:17 AM »
Ah sorry not yet, but as I'm almost done with shipping, will get back to documenting and updating the code soon.

Fiddling with config on SD card may be time consuming, it is a lot faster to use USB cable and python scripts that are provided with ESP-IDF, this is the same for Gecho and Glo, so you can start here: http://phonicbloom.com/diy/software_framework/

Also, the sources are shared across both models as they are pretty much the same hardware with different I/O. There is a compiler directive to select between these two boards: https://github.com/h3o/ -- Gecho v1 is STM32F4 based code for the older model, while Glo v1 is for both Gecho v2 and Glo, haven't decided yet if it's better to add another repo with everything configured for Gecho or just a branch in the existing repo.

Once you manage to install the IDE of your choice and compile this, you're good to go on with experimenting, adding your own channels etc... If you need any help or advice with this just let me know.