Author Topic: granular sampler  (Read 126 times)

jluc

• View Profile
granular sampler
« on: November 13, 2019, 07:10:38 AM »
hi

i received the little box only 10 days after my order. What a surprise ! The few channels available are already amazing.. I dreamed of it !

When I used granular channel, I leave the record on (S2 on = loop recording), it's interesting for live improvisation.
It could be  interesting to allow longer recording time (maybe 5 to 10  second on sd card if not enough memory ?) and moving the player pointer  with IR sensor (or random value), and modify the grain size with another sensor (or random value). A possibility of reverse playing could be nice too.

best regards and congratulations for your great work

mario

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: granular sampler
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 12:06:58 PM »
Hi Jean-Luc, glad you are happy with it - thank you for your kind words! :) You've been lucky as we sometimes have more units built beforehand, in order to minimize errors we build a few of a certain model / colour / powering scheme...

I've just finished two new channels with longer looping, not using SD card yet but as they can lower the sampling rate there is enough space for many seconds. And it is interesting to change sampling rate while something is in the loop. One of them can reverse and warp (one octave up & down), another can apply low-pass, high-pass and flanger effect, all controlled by sensors. This will be available as an update shortly (after we're done with shipping of the remaining units, 2-3 weeks).

A channel that uses temp space on SD card is in progress as well. Making the grain pointer/size random is a very interesting idea.

Thank you for your suggestions!