Author Topic: Looking for more documentation  (Read 727 times)

gechojack

• View Profile
Looking for more documentation
« on: December 12, 2019, 03:07:38 PM »
I have received my loopsynth and love what i've seen so far, but it's beyond my ability to figure out what all the patches do beyond the demo songs 1 to 4.

http://gechologic.com/v2/manual/Gecho_v2_quick_start.pdf
and
http://gechologic.com/settings_leaflet_explained
are too confusing to me

Are there any good tutorials out there? Not a lot on youtube as far as I can tell.

mario

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for more documentation
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 08:02:24 PM »
Hi! There is also description of every channel and its controls.

This weird little noisemaker is meant to be creatively explored, rather than following some tutorials - there is no "wrong way" of doing things here. Knowing what buttons or combinations makes sense to try should help.

But indeed when there is some downtime I'd like to make more focused demos of individual sound engines, also write down all the information on how to expand them (add patches to those engines that support it, reconfigure all channels etc.) I haven't had chance to do much since the summer, as the time was 99% dedicated to shipping and it's still not done yet - I hope you agree it would not be fair to do it the other way around :)

Anyway, if you feel like the synth does not meet your expectations, you can always send it back.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 08:04:48 PM by mario »

Goofaman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 06:40:25 PM »
Greetings! I hope Mario and family plus everyone reading this is safe and healthy and making do as well as possible. I thought I'd peek in here and see if there's anything new afoot. :)

Both Gechos and my Glo have been fun and distracting and inspiring companions during those isolation, and I wanted to convey a special thanks to you for creating them!

I look forward to the conversations resuming, but no rush! :)

GM

mario

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 11:00:09 AM »
Hi! Thank you for your kind words, we're fine - only leaving for groceries, dog walks and occasional trip to the post office, which has become a real "thriller of the week" 8) However we can only ship to a handful of countries now, in recent weeks they were dropping from the list day by day.

I'm trying to use the time for further development, both hardware and software, it's hard to focus but getting there. FW updates for both v1 and v2 model are in progress, I will post an article when something is ready.

Very happy to hear that our little synths are helping you to pass time creatively, while locked at home - and hopefully all other owners find them helpful as well. Stay safe everyone!

gechojack

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 04:12:12 PM »
Very excited about firmware updates! Can't wait!

Is your code open source?

mario

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2020, 12:01:32 PM »
Sure it is! 8) You can find the code here: for v1 model (STM32) or for v2 model (ESP32)

Goofaman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2020, 07:09:32 PM »
Hi Mario,

Did I see that you released new Gecho software in May? If so, in the future, do you think it would make sense to also post a note about that on this forum? It's my own bad I didn't see it, but then I have come to only checking this forum regularly. I only saw it because I clicked in the "wrong" place and went to the main site. 😂

mario

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2020, 08:28:32 PM »
Ah and I thought only a fraction of Gecho owners know about the forum :) I'm not sure where / how to post it to the forum so it is visible on the top of everything else.

Goofaman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2020, 08:05:41 PM »
A Sticky topic? With the latest release always linked, with change date?