Author Topic: Case glued  (Read 176 times)

weilhalt

• View Profile
Case glued
« on: August 22, 2017, 12:45:25 PM »
My wooden case arrived today. I can see that there is a wooden hinge, but the case cannot be opened. It seems that it is glued to the box. Is this done intentionally? I mean, I suppose that you can access the controls inside?

mario

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Case glued
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 12:51:54 PM »
Hi, perhaps it is just stuck - varnish sometimes does this. Try to pry it open with something that won't scratch it (e.g. a pencil) via the cutout for USB port.

weilhalt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 01:00:48 PM »
I opened it carefully with a sharp knife and.. tataa... :)

mario

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 08:50:34 PM »
Cool! It probably hasn't dried completely before I packed it. It has been rainy in Ireland recently so the air humidity does not help :)

Gary Hall

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 07:41:09 AM »
Same issue here. I got it open, but there was a little bit of damage to the finish.

mario

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 02:36:12 PM »
Hi Gary, sorry to hear this! I should have placed the cling foil between lid and the rest too... Hope it is not too bad, and that you can fix it or find someone who can help. It's just an alcohol-based varnish, no lacquer, should be easy.

mario

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 12:06:32 PM »
By the way if the sliding door is stuck similar way, there is a trick to opening it. First, try to push it further in, there is always a half millimetre of space to go. You may hear a cracking sound - this will unblock it, then it should be much easier to slide it open normal way.