Author Topic: new patch 222  (Read 95 times)

jluc

• View Profile
new patch 222
« on: May 21, 2020, 04:29:21 PM »
Hello Mario !

I tried the new patch 222 (recorded sample slicer). It's great ! it complements the 31 (granular sampler) well, and besides, a synthesis of the two in the same program would be perfect for live use ! with maybe possibly reverse reading on a switch or a combination? ....Each novelty always gives ideas to go further.... It's endless !
Is it possible to have a narrower variation range for S3 and S4? (in config.txt?)
well done in any case for this update and thank you very much for your work !
good health!

mario

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: new patch 222
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 09:27:16 AM »
Hi Jean-Luc,

Glad you like it! That's an interesting suggestion, if any channel should be directly combined with what 222 is doing, then the granular is probably the best candidate. I'll see what can be done. It will surely become a completely new channel behaving in its own way.

Is it possible to have a narrower variation range for S3 and S4? (in config.txt?)

That's surely possible (I mean once there was some kind of sensitivity config for sensors) but it probably won't get the result that you want, as currently the "tape speed" control only works at certain discrete steps (which correspond to individual LEDs). That's because it uses a very simple algorithm to do that, in order to make the speed control smooth a more complex DSP algorithm must be used and I am not sure if there is enough CPU power left (although probably there is). It would require a lot more work and also learning a new thing or two, so I left it as is for the moment - but indeed there is a lot of room for improvement. I often revisit old code and make improvements here and there, like recently with DCO drones and Bytebeat, so it is possible that this one will get better over time too.

well done in any case for this update and thank you very much for your work !

My pleasure! 8) Thank you for supporting the project and stay safe too!

Mario