Author Topic: Firmware - song programming modes  (Read 42 times)

preposteros

• View Profile
Firmware - song programming modes
« on: September 06, 2017, 03:45:57 AM »
Enjoying the Gecho but awaiting an update for the song writing modes... can't seem to get the captured chord sequence to start once entry is complete. Looks like these modes are still work-in-progress, any ETA for an update? Thanks and cheers!

mario

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Firmware - song programming modes
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 10:53:49 AM »
Welcome to the forum! :) Yes the firmware in the first batch of units (v0.192/0.193) has a few known bugs, which I hope to get fixed soon after everything is shipped (already started working on it).

Looks like you have a board with serial number < 270 as you can somewhat run these programming modes? In later version they were disabled altogether (as they may cause harm to your ears due to a noise or clicking emitted occasionally). The whole related code must be refactored a lot, and this would have delayed shipping unnecessarily so left it for later.

Also things like persisting of generated/programmed songs in memory (even during power off, as long as batteries are not removed), and persisting of your settings (volumes, delay parameters etc.) will be in the next update. It is hard to give an ETA at the moment but probably in early October (and perhaps sooner if you can flash the binary "manually" from the command line, before I have chance to update the GUI app to do it).

insektgod

• View Profile
Re: Firmware - song programming modes
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 06:38:08 PM »
Congratulations on finishing the final shipping of the Kickstarter units. Can't wait to try out the new firmware. Already experimenting with the Gecho and various other devices. so far Gecho, BASTL MicroGranny, and Korg Monotron Delay is my favorite combo... using the Line In method... since the mics are very hot and feedback prone if you're using any kind of amplifier and speaker setup, (The mics are super awesome for Headphone zone outs and recording... especially with the very convenient dual headphone outputs.)

Anyone wanting to use the Gecho in a Live amplified setting will likely already know that you need watch the volume levels. Having the Gecho memorize the last settings for mic levels, volume, input source and such, will be a major help. Then again some of us might be just as happy setting them each time a channel is launched.

I'd love to see a Low Pass Filter for the line in/mics with proximity control for cut off and resonance, coupled with proximity control of delay time and feedback. Even just adding a selection for line/mic input into the Noise and Filter Channels 21-24 would be really cool.