Author Topic: updating ?  (Read 194 times)

jluc

• View Profile
updating ?
« on: September 13, 2021, 06:15:29 AM »
hello mario

I take the liberty of asking you to know if you plan to update the version 1.0.117 in the near future.
Since I equipped myself to synchronize some machines, I dream of being able to do it on the gecho (delai-midiclock) as you envisioned here:
http://gechologic.com/support/index.php?topic=146.msg405#msg405
would we have a chance to see this update arrive soon?
thank you, have a nice day
jluc

mario

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: updating ?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 11:11:49 AM »
Hi Jean-Luc,

Yes the update should come out soon but not sure yet how much of the sync functionality will be there - I'll try to add the analog tempo detection (useful with Pocket Operators) and MIDI clock parsing (e.g. from Keystep), which almost worked last time, but in its current implementation it is not a true "sync" yet, meaning that it only sets up the tempo while the unit is idle, but once you start playing, it does not update the tempo dynamically. So the timing might drift off after a while. In some channels it will be easy to add continuous syncing, but in some others there might not be enough CPU time left for this task. Anyway, in some channels - e.g. the basic soundscapes - it is perhaps not as useful anyway but I will try to add it to reverb, granular, and other more universal "effect" channels.

The next update will also bring some cool new upgrades to existing channels, for example the reverb now has polyphonic variant, controllable via MIDI, and it sounds very cool with external sound from some other device (for example mmxx t-ape).

I know it takes ages, but I'm still the only developer working here :) And have to switch between prototyping of new things, arranging production and building the units too. And because of elements shortages, time consuming redesigns are often needed when some chip disappears from stock globally... it happens often that we have something ready to manufacture but suddenly it is not possible anymore.

Also recently I've been distracted by moving home and company, which meant that for over a month not much was done except for bare minimum required to ship orders - but we're getting there.

Thank you for your patience and support!

Cheers,
Mario

jluc

• View Profile
Re: updating ?
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 06:58:56 PM »
hello Mario and thanks for the reply.
I am very happy that this project continues to improve despite all the activities that occupy you. I will know how to be patient again, I am far from having toured the Gecho (is it possible?) And will only be happier when the time comes.
with all my consideration
jluc