Author Topic: New user, maybe dumb question about line-in...  (Read 224 times)

sevenape

• View Profile
New user, maybe dumb question about line-in...
« on: September 13, 2021, 01:29:12 PM »
I recently bought A loopsynth, and I really love playing with it, it's a great, meditational tool that I can get lost in for hours, the creator is super friendly and was very nice to me even though I bought a second-hand device. I do have a question though, is it possible to set line in as a default setting over the mics for when setting a channel to add effects to other synths and stuff? I guess that this is somewhat going against the ethos?

id_23

• View Profile
Re: New user, maybe dumb question about line-in...
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 10:48:34 PM »
124 line in... great for recording.... you can select line in on its own on other channels too ...
You can set your in and out levels accordingly and record.
Check here http://gechologic.com/manual_v2
http://gechologic.com/channels_v2_117

Also channel 31 and 34 are great fun with line in.
:)
Hope this helps

mario

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 12:01:41 PM »
Hi Guys, sorry for delay - we were moving home...

I recently bought A loopsynth, and I really love playing with it, it's a great, meditational tool that I can get lost in for hours, the creator is super friendly and was very nice to me even though I bought a second-hand device.

Thank you for your kind words! Of course, the support & warranty applies to 2nd hand too!  8)

I do have a question though, is it possible to set line in as a default setting over the mics for when setting a channel to add effects to other synths and stuff? I guess that this is somewhat going against the ethos?

Not at all, only it's a bit confusing - at some earlier version it used to permanently remember this setting once changed, but I was receiving too many emails about "my microphones stopped working" when someone accidentally pressed B4 and haven't realized what happened. Perhaps it should be a configurable thing, whether this is persistent setting or not... I guess it at least keeps the setting until powered off or reset, if I remember correctly.

Also channel 31 and 34 are great fun with line in.

Happy to hear that! :) By the way, patch manipulation controls in 34 are cumbersome, that's going to be improved in the next update.

sevenape

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2021, 07:25:01 AM »
Thanks very much! I am having so much fun with it!