Author Topic: Channel 41  (Read 520 times)

alefoot

• View Profile
Channel 41
« on: October 02, 2017, 07:02:17 AM »
Enjoying the new facilities with this revision.
The manual entry for channel seems slightly at odds with my experiments; thought I'd try to describe what I'm seeing, and seek comment / guidance.
41 <Set> places Gecho in "how many chords" mode with the red and orange leds showing 4 and 2 respectively.
The manual says
"First, select how many chords you want by pressing buttons 1 and 2. You can have from 1x1 to 8x4 chords total. Press button 4 to confirm." (my emphasis)
Buttons 1 & 2 appear to increment and decrement the red leds [and applicable number of chords to be entered. 3 & 4 similarly amend the orange leds. Moving on and into chord entry mode appears to require pressing <Set>.

I'm no musician, but I'm assuming that the 8 x 4 describes an array; up to 8 chords are played, then a 2nd set of eight, then a third and fourth set (assuming the maximum 8 x 4 option was chosen). At replay (e.g. Ch 111) the orange leds strobe indicating which set of eight is currently being replayed, eh?

mario

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Channel 41
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 08:51:42 AM »
Hi @alefoot, thanks for catching this discrepancy. While updating manual I missed that bit, it's been changed in new version - fixed now:

First, select how many chords you want by pressing buttons 1 to 4. You can have from 1x1 to 8x4 chords total (current setting is displayed by red and orange LEDs). Press SET to confirm.

Glad to hear the new way was intuitive enough to figure out easily regardless :) And yes, the rest works exactly like you describe.

Now I think of adding combination 2+3 and 2+4 to move whole chord octave up/down, will be handy.