Author Topic: Set Master BPM  (Read 876 times)

davidleehoth

• View Profile
Set Master BPM
« on: July 29, 2017, 07:31:35 PM »
I have mine as well.  It's superb.   :)

I did have one quick question, and apologies if I missed this somewhere.  Is there a way to set like a master BPM for songs?

mario

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Set Master BPM
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 01:37:08 PM »
Great! Happy to hear you like it! :)

Well, the tempo is not possible to change from 120 bpm at the moment (only the delay loop can be changed) but as an essential feature it's on my to-do list, will get back to the software after shipping is done.

Perhaps a setting from 80 to 180 bpm in 5 bpm increments would do to start with? Should the range be wider / more detailed?

People were also asking about "tap tempo", which should be relatively easy to implement - either listening to tapping via microphones, or scanning one of the IR sensors.

davidleehoth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 01:37:38 AM »
Yeah, 80 to 180 would be excellent!

Tap would certainly be useful as well.  Thanks for the quick reply!

mario

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 04:53:10 PM »
So, in the recent version (firmware 0.219 and newer) the tempo can be changed from 15 to 330 BPM in 5 BPM increments. This does not necessary need to be set this way but it was practical enough for controls/indicators. Since in the app the tempo is set via a normal text-input box, you may put in pretty much any value (1-999). At upload, this setting will then be associated with a particular channel.