Author Topic: Video reviews / user demos  (Read 74 times)

sm2n

• View Profile
Video reviews / user demos
« on: April 21, 2021, 11:59:38 PM »
I was wondering how would people submit their own Video reviews / user demos for consideration for the http://gechologic.com/reviews official page?

Here's my latest offering: https://youtu.be/sUfX5NLEPRw

'Gecho Thunder' is my first proper track made using the Gecho Loopsynth v2, which I feel is an amazing little box, and I love how it can process sounds from the local environment using its stereo microphones. Sounds such as a Thunder Tube!

I also used Korg Electribe 2, Arturia Drumbrute, and Arturia Minibrute. I didn't do any singing on this one. Maybe the next video will have singing.

I'd really appreciate it if you would watch the video, give it a thumbs up, and even share it on your social networks for people that might be interested.

Thanks for reading, watching and listening! Maybe other people on here would submit their own examples to this thread so we can all share and enjoy.

mario

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Video reviews / user demos
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 09:14:01 PM »
Thanks a lot for sharing your song! It is very cool to see the little lizard used alongside the more serious gear (which I do not have so double thanks for showcasing it 8) ) and a good example what it might be used for: background textures. By the way channel Dekrispator (#33) has many more patches that could be used this way, it's possible to modulate them by voice as well, and the effects - e.g. delay - can be turned off when not needed.

I've added your video to the reviews page. There is no formal process for this, only that whenever I see a cool demo on YT or IG, I ask people if it's fine to embed it on the website. But thanks for starting this thread too, it's a good idea and hopefully it will inspire others to share their content here.

This also reminds me that the Clouds channel needs an update. It was ported over from the Mutable Instruments open source code base as a quick test, but never finished at my side - it has more parameters internally than bound to Gecho's controls. I did not have a more complex MIDI controller than Keystep before but now I have one with 16 knobs so it will allow to control everything at once.

And please feel free to post link to your album when it's out. We need to start a thread / a website page for that too, there already have been a handful of people who actually used it in a music production... And that's super cool!  ;D

sm2n

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 11:22:59 PM »
I've just release another one: https://youtu.be/NBqu8yvjH2A

It's called "A brush with a Gecho".
This time I used the infinite looper function on this amazing little box (channel 32), and I used a paint brush for percussion.

sm2n

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 11:28:05 PM »
Hey Mario - thanks for your kind comments, and your hints and tips. It's brilliant how you support and continue enhancing the little lizard... it's so great that you are so dedicated and passionate about the amazing products you've created for us to enjoy.

I look forward to experimenting further with Dekrispator, and the next version of Clouds...

Thanks a lot for sharing your song! It is very cool to see the little lizard used alongside the more serious gear (which I do not have so double thanks for showcasing it 8) ) and a good example what it might be used for: background textures. By the way channel Dekrispator (#33) has many more patches that could be used this way, it's possible to modulate them by voice as well, and the effects - e.g. delay - can be turned off when not needed.

I've added your video to the reviews page. There is no formal process for this, only that whenever I see a cool demo on YT or IG, I ask people if it's fine to embed it on the website. But thanks for starting this thread too, it's a good idea and hopefully it will inspire others to share their content here.

This also reminds me that the Clouds channel needs an update. It was ported over from the Mutable Instruments open source code base as a quick test, but never finished at my side - it has more parameters internally than bound to Gecho's controls. I did not have a more complex MIDI controller than Keystep before but now I have one with 16 knobs so it will allow to control everything at once.

And please feel free to post link to your album when it's out. We need to start a thread / a website page for that too, there already have been a handful of people who actually used it in a music production... And that's super cool!  ;D

sm2n

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2021, 08:31:14 PM »
Last video, I promise!

https://youtu.be/DurMh-YTaxQ

If you don't like my singing, you might want to skip before you get to 1min 18sec ;-)

'You stole the light' is a new track taken from the upcoming album by cakefolder. It was created using Gecho Loopsynth v2, Korg Mini Kaoss Pad 2s, Korg Electribe 2, Arturia Drumbrute, and Arturia Minibrute.

Lyrics by Martin Breedyk
Music by cakefolder
Performed by cakefolder

mario

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 10:13:49 AM »
Thanks for sharing - please keep them coming! :D

It's brilliant how you support and continue enhancing the little lizard... it's so great that you are so dedicated and passionate about the amazing products you've created for us to enjoy.

Thank you for your kind words! Well I am not much of a musician, this whole project started in effort to create a "magic music box full of shiny lights" and since then I am only learning from what people do with it - a lot of what's there right now was suggested by owners. For example the infinite looper, which, in retrospect, should perhaps have been the first thing this machine did, was only added very recently. And it helps to see what you do in your videos, it's inspiring to know for what kind of effect you'd want to use in the song - or just how you use it in general and what could be improved in regards to connectivity with other gear - this is what keeps me motivated to continue with updating the firmware.

If you don't like my singing, you might want to skip before you get to 1min 18sec ;-)

No, I think it was great 8)