Author Topic: Just starting with the Gecho & no sound at all until..  (Read 608 times)

testcard

• View Profile
Just starting with the Gecho & no sound at all until..
« on: May 31, 2024, 07:51:16 PM »
Just starting with the Gecho & no sound at all until..
I used the Service Menu then got sounds when i did the B3 option - usb powered - resetting to the original firmware but then no sounds when i restarted the Gecho.

I also wrote the config.txt file to the SD card and clicked on update on the card but got this message online :
'We are preparing the new update, please check again later'
Unsure what to do now.

its current version is 1.0.117.

So i am getting sounds but its not consistent because when i switch it off i seem to be back to square one having to use the service Menu again to get anything going.

Grateful for any help as it seem very complicated
Adrian

mario

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Just starting with the Gecho & no sound at all until..
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2024, 09:35:01 AM »
Hi Adrian,

That is very strange problem. Using the B3 option in service menu repeatedly should not have any effect, as there is only one "original firmware" and once you are there, this should not change anything.

You say that the unit seems to behave normally (reacts to buttons and animates LED lights), just that there is no sound?

Have you tried to reset the settings? (4321-SET). I guess you have but asking just in case.

I doubt that a firmware update will fix this (the problem cannot simply be a corrupt firmware because there is a self-check and it wouldn't run at all).

Do you use Windows by any chance? we could diagnose the problem by downloading content of the Flash memory and analyzing it. If yes, please try what is suggested in this post, once you get to the point where you can use the esptool.py script to communicate with the Loopsynth, we will be able to figure out whether the issue is on the software or hardware side.

Cheers,
Mario