Author Topic: various question  (Read 218 times)

marco

• View Profile
various question
« on: June 23, 2024, 09:07:38 PM »
Hi Mario ! Thank you so much for your work on the loopsynth firmware and loopstyler! I'll go with the questions: 1- currently loopstyler sends outgoing midi messages? I can't detect them. the midi-in works well. 2- is it difficult for you to insert an incoming midi channel selector into the firmware? Maybe it would be better to call it a "filter"? I mean being able to play via midi (both the loopsynth and the loopstyler) on a specific midi channel instead of on all indiscriminately... I know that on the loopstyler the channels define the sound and maybe it's more complicated for him... I had already asked you something similar for the loopsynth and if it were something that could be easily solved via firmware it would be wonderful. 3- the loopstyler is equipped with an internal clock... (sorry if I'm delirious).. would it be possible to make other machines slaves to this internal clock? or more simply would it be possible to have a sync -out through the midi channel for example? a hug from Italy and keep going!

mario

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: various question
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2024, 03:34:45 PM »
Hi Marco, thank you for your questions and ideas and sorry about the slow reply, I was away on holidays and without a good connection.

1: this was not active yet in the existing fw, but will be in the next update. I just added mechanism for defining and selecting scales, so the keypad can be fully configured and it may be useful to control other devices with it. The output channel will be 1 as default, and can be configured in a file on SD card, perhaps it's not necessary to add it to the user interface as well, as that won't be changed too often / during playing, what do you think?

2: yes currently MIDI channels select instruments and individual samples (depending on ECC/ECS setting). If the channel numbers were configured in the same file as MIDI out channel, would that do what you are looking for? Or did you mean some more complex mechanism, to change this in the user interface? If yes, please explain and we'll see what can be done.

3: that's correct, sending out MIDI clock based on internal tempo is easy to add, also start/stop messages which should be triggered by START/STOP buttons in the loopstyler, so you can sync sequence from LS with sequence played by some other synth. LS would be sending out MIDI notes on a certain channel which can then be ignored or used by the other gear.

marco

• View Profile
Re: various question
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2024, 01:45:12 PM »
Hi Mario ! no problem for the delay! regarding point 1 and point 3: I would like to be able to somehow synchronize the loopstyler with other devices, I already have some excellent midi interfaces so it would have been enough just to have some midi notes in output to translate them into a gate signal... for I will wait patiently for this in the next update if I understand correctly. it would obviously be wonderful to be able to synchronize the Euclidean generator as well as the sequencer, maybe it's more complicated.. in any case having midi notes output in that mode could make me have fun like crazy.. or go crazy with fun..
I think the clock out and start/stop are a must, don't you think?
regarding point 2 I think I explained myself badly.. first of all the question mainly concerns the loopsynth so I think I have to move the tread. However, I would like to be able to select a specific channel with which to play the loopsynth which instead receives indiscriminately from all channels. I'm solving the problem with a small audio mixer but it's cumbersome.. I hope I explained myself, but I couldn't say it either!